The combination of the sweet maple syrup and the salty pancetta make the Brussels sprouts a delicious and savory side dish to any dinner meal or holiday gathering. Brussels sprouts are rich in fiber and vitamins A and C.
- 7 cups Shaved Brussels Sprouts (Earth Exotic)
- 6 slices Pancetta or center cut bacon
- ¼ cup Sherry wine
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Pancetta or bacon fat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Line a baking pan with foil.
- Spread pancetta or bacon slices on foiled pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- In a frying pan lightly sprayed with olive oil cooking spray, cook shaved Brussels sprouts until golden over medium heat. Toss frequently with a spoon.
- Mix Sherry, syrup and pancetta or bacon fat in a measuring cup.
- Pour Sherry mixture over Brussels sprouts. Toss until mixed thoroughly.
- Top with crumbled pancetta or bacon.
- Serve with chicken breast or fish and baked sweet potato.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 207
- Grams Carbohydrates: 26
- Grams Protein: 6
- Grams Fat: 8
- Equivalents: 2 Vegetables, 1 ½ Fats, 1 Carbohydrate