Here’s a twist on the classic comfort food, Macaroni and Cheese. It’s lighter and still tasty!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 8 oz. light sharp cheddar cheese grated or Boar’s Head lactose free white sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray an 8×8″ baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Place cauliflower florets in baking dish, single layer.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour milk over cauliflower.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Spray bread crumbs lightly with olive oil spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees, covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook another 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 182
- Grams Carbohydrates: 10
- Grams Protein: 13
- Grams Fat: 8
- Equivalent to: 2 Vegetables, 2 oz. medium fat proteins