A light version of apple pie – Quick and impressive!
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet – unthawed (Sara Lee)
- 4 large apples, peeled and sliced (pippin, granny smith or Rome)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour and 2 tsp. powdered sugar mixed together
- 1 Tbsp. light butter
- 1 Tbsp. apple brandy (Applejack or Calvados)
- Form puff pastry sheet into circle on a foil lined cookie sheet or a pizza stone. Crimp edge to form round edge. Sprinkle inside of pastry shell with the flour and powdered sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Place apples in baking dish. Add 2 Tbsp. sugar. Cover. Microwave for 6 minutes.
- Drain apples of any juice. Spread evenly on tart shell.
- Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. of sugar. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with brandy.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes until shell is golden brown.
- Sift with 1 Tbsp. confectioner sugar just before serving.
- Serve with fat free Cool Whip if desired.
- Total Calories: 135
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Fat: 2 g
Equivalents: 1 Starch and 1 Fruit