Turn summer fruit into luscious desert, high in vitamins A and C. Berries have the highest concentration of bioflavonoid of all fruits. Serve warm with light whip topping or light vanilla ice cream for a special treat.
- 5 cups of mixed berries: blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries (drained and hulled)
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Corn starch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Cassis (blackberry liquor), optional
- 1 cup raw oatmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. light margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, toss berries with lemon juice, corn starch, sugar, and liquor.
- Pour into baking dish sprayed with Pam.
- In food processor (or bowl) combine all topping ingredients except oatmeal. Mix well. Add oatmeal. Mix in lightly.
- Sprinkle over berry mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Calories per serving: 150
Equivalents: 1 Starch and 1 Fruit