The crumbly, toasted oats over the warm apples and blueberries and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream makes a wonderful dessert. The apples, blueberries and cinnamon contain cancer fighting and anti-inflammatory properties. This crisp can be prepared the day before and warmed before serving.
- 5 baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup raw oatmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup margarine
- In a large mixing bowl, mix apples and blueberries with granulated sugar, flour, spices and lemon juice.
- Place in a 9 inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, spices and margarine.
- Stir with a fork or mix with hand until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apple-blueberry mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Serve warm with low fat frozen vanilla yogurt, light ice cream, or light whipped topping.
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Calories per serving: 150
Equivalents: 1 starch and 1 fruit