A low-fat, refreshing dessert perfect for any occasion. And half the calories of regular cheesecake! For herb lovers, try adding 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary to the crust.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (3 large lemons)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- Cooking spray
- 3 (8 ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¾ cups sugar or 1 1/2 cups lemon honey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup lemon curd dip (see recipe)
- Combine 1st 3 ingredients in sauce pan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk.
- Cook until sugar dissolves and mixture is light in color (3 minutes).
- Stir in Lemon juice and butter. Cook 5 minutes or until mixture thinly coats back of spoon (stirring constantly with whisk).
- Cool, cover and chill.
Crust and Filling
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- To prepare the crust, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Place 2/3 cup flour and 2 tablespoons sugar and butter in a food processor; pulse 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor on, slowly pour ice water through food chute, processing just until blended (do not allow dough to form a ball). Firmly press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400* for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325*.
- To prepare the filling, beat cheeses at high speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Add 1 ¾ cup sugar or 1 1/2 cup honey and the next 4 ingredients (1 ¾ cup sugar through salt); beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour the cheese mixture into prepared pan.
- Spoon mounds of lemon curd over filling, and whirl together using the tip of a knife.
- Bake at 325* for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven, and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Serving size: 1/16
- Calories per serving: 310